camping in the woods.

gibbleking

Old School Grand Master
grrr typical ....hot and sunny for ages si i thinks to meself " i know me go camping in thetford this week end."wake up this morning and lo and behold some dude loading a rather large boat with animals and a nasty sucking noise he made when he looked at the sky.it was hammering down mit der mushy stuff .floody nora i says....however i may add that its now sunny and warm again so im crossing me fingers hoping thetford magical singletrack hasnt been washed away.on a lighter note what would you recommend to cook on a small stove for food suplements ect. :D

it lashed it down last night , sunny now

id go for supernoodles . open packet and keep . break in half and put in bowl/pan type thing put on the flavouring . boil some water and cover noodles , use wrapping to cover , put fork on top to stop from blowing away . after a few mins make sure all noodles are covered . after a while itl be done

the weather forcast for this weekend in the thetford brandon area is wet cold and windy and thats just gibbles pants :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: sorry i couldn't help myself the weather looks good for this weekend i might see you over there sunday mate, and take with you for food for each day

1.breakfast = 1x can of hindez all day breakfast
2.lunch = £10 for brandon lodge cafe that includes teas in the day
3.dinner = £10 local take away from brandon

sorted there fella :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: my idea of roughing the ck way ;)

ill be hunched over me cooker burning the hairs off the back of me hands.....love the idea of the food suggestions ...nowt like serious roughing it ....nowt like it at all.im going to stay at this campsite at Puddledock Farm
Great Hockham
Thetford
Norfolk (Browse area)
IP24 1PA
looks ok on google earth and its only down t road from the brandon country park thingie......bringing choccie.cans of coke zero....cloudy lemonade ,chewie bar wotsits....oh and lots of coffee... :p
i may go thursday evening ..im not quite sure yet..or if me camelback hasnt arrived yet then sometime on friday.its only an hour down the road in me car so i dont have to rush it .this way i can get a bottle or two for the bike before i go .
im going to stay until late sunday evening(depending on the weather ) so if any rbs are their i shouls see them bfore i go.will spend most of the day with me feet up at the cafe (prob)

OK - a few suggestions

Cook some pasta - drain and mix in a tin of chicken in white sauce. Was always my son's favourite camping meal.

or mix cooked pasta with a tin of ratatouille then top with grated parmesan.

Alternatively boil an egg or two then heat enough water to make up a pack of instant cous cous- curry flavour is nice . Shell eggs, cut in quarters and eat with cous cous.

My lot always rather liked those Heinz steamed puddings you boil in the tin. Just be careful opening them when hot. Rice pudding is also good eaten straight from the tin.

Back