Firefox users

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I'm having bother with firefox. Sometimes popups won't open i.e pictures, or other windows for insatnce to follow a blog or the upload picture page on ebay. Any ideas? The pop up blocker is not on.

Cheers

You aren't using a script blocker such as NoScript?
If so, click Tools>Options>Content. Are the tick boxes next to Enable Java, Enable Javascript and Load images automatically ticked?

kaiser":34z97njp said:
I'm having bother with firefox......

I'm not the only one then!

Firefox 3.0.10 seems to be bug ridden as far as I can tell. :evil: :evil: :evil:

It takes ages to start up, keeps having network timeouts and other assorted things.

Before anyone says anything no I don't have any virii or adware, and all my settings are as they've always been. All the trouble started when I updated from 3.0.6 to 3.0.10. I've re-installed several times from scratch and still it doesn't work correctly. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Luckily I've got 3.0.6 saved on my disc so I'll go back to that.

Just to let everyone know I don't have any problems with IE, it works fine (as much as it can).

chris667":y3ozxu9i said:
If so, click Tools>Options>Content. Are the tick boxes next to Enable Java, Enable Javascript and Load images automatically ticked?

yup

Xesh":2fovd4wl said:
kaiser":2fovd4wl said:
I'm having bother with firefox......

I'm not the only one then!

Firefox 3.0.10 seems to be bug ridden as far as I can tell. :evil: :evil: :evil:

It takes ages to start up, keeps having network timeouts and other assorted things.

Before anyone says anything no I don't have any virii or adware, and all my settings are as they've always been. All the trouble started when I updated from 3.0.6 to 3.0.10. I've re-installed several times from scratch and still it doesn't work correctly. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Luckily I've got 3.0.6 saved on my disc so I'll go back to that.

Just to let everyone know I don't have any problems with IE, it works fine (as much as it can).

Its getting that way, for instance if I close firefox I can't reopen it unless I restart the computer. Wifey has some sucess with disconnecting from the net and back on but me less so. Safari is also showing similarly annoying bugs, same restart thing and quite often hooks up and freezes.

Don't send me back to IE :(

Is Chrome any better?

kaiser":3pr58tyu said:
chris667":3pr58tyu said:

yup

Click here. Do you see a little dancing triangle?

I don't like Chrome, myself. Opera is good if you're **really** sick of Firefox. But I still like Firefox.

Cheers chris, yeah can see the triangle but it flashes whilst dancing.

Chrome it is :D seems quite fast too. Its not the first time firefox has played up so I'm sacking it once more.

Oh, but chrome has this rediculous, insidious installer that connects to the internet every time you switch it on, and you have to do all sorts of secret things to remove!
You know where you are with something that is open source. I'm not about to start wearing a tinfoil helmet or anything, but I do find some of Google's products a little bit creepy. OK, I know their motto is "Don't be evil", but the potential for misuse of this vast amount of data they have on us is definitely there.
Kaiser, have you tried clearing your Java cache?

Back