the demise of NUFC?

mynchiboy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Yes, I know it's football related.. but even though they ain't my team I'm feeling a bit saddened about Newcastle United being relegated :(

They were deffo my second favourite team in my teens back in the original KK era when they had the likes of Ginola, Ferdinand, Beardsley etc. Hammering MU 5-0, Spurs 7-1 - awesome stuff. Even when they lost they were still great to watch like the 4-3 Anfield loss to Liverpool. They were pretty good when BR took over too, 3rd in league only a few years back..

It sounds like they could struggle next season as well if the debt rumours are correct..still, at least they'll be shot of a certain Mr. Owen and a few others besides :evil:

Going down to the championship maybe the wakeup call they need,they have to stop thinking that theyre better than they really are,they WERE good but that has gone and the sooner they start to realise that the sooner theyll be back up in the Premeiership.

i wish i had put some money on it, i wanted NU and borogh to go down, just cuz they were the 2 biggest to go down out of all of them, another missed oppotunity.

Many of the people around me including my sister and dad are certainly not upset about Newcastle going down. Save Hull's bacon.

I could careless myself, just some sunday sport people play.

I dont follow football but the way its rammed down our throats all the time, I look forward to seeing Newcastle play Peterborough next season.

Oh the irony.

Newcastle got what they deserved.

Idiot chairman hiring the wrong people.

Daft fans chasing out Allardyce (because he played the wrong type of football) when he almost certainly would have kept them up (they were 14th when he left)

However, the Championship is a great and exciting league and Newcastle will enhance it substantially.

Seeing Shearer's face on Sunday was worth it. Bet he wishes he was still on the BBC :LOL:

On the other hand, Big Sam has eased Blackburn away from trouble. Who knows what would have happened for the 'toon' if fan pressure hadn't pushed him out?

mattbrown":qhzqjpn3 said:
i wish i had put some money on it, i wanted NU and borogh to go down, just cuz they were the 2 biggest to go down out of all of them, another missed oppotunity.

I'd have liked to have seen all three of the NE clubs go down. For no reason other than it could have happened and would have been vaguely amusing.

They will end up the same as Leeds ;) Players leaving, no money and relagated again next season.

Back