stuff left on the car roof

gibbleking

Old School Grand Master
just drove home from a gentle ride round fritton woods...very nice it was too......got back to the car ..put bike on rack...put helmet on car roof while i was having a drinky of orange juice.....finished drinky......got in car and drove home.....hmmmwots that clonking...must be summet in the boot rolling around..never mind.got home ...parked up...got out..got bike off rack.....GOT HELMET OFF THE CAR ROOF.....(WAS ROLLING AROUND ON THE ROOF FOR 7 MILES)...looked round...no one saw a thing ...ran inside to hide embarressment....... :oops: :oops:

Once (AND ONLY ONCE) forgot I had 2 bikes on the roof. Went into car park,and hit one of those goal post barriers they put at teh entrance to stop large vans entering. Pole dropped and hit "A" pillar of car. £600 to put right.

Kids learnt some new words that day

didnt replace a petrol cap after filling up then drove about 200 mile, needed to fill up again, wtf!, where is my cap - doh

mattbrown":7722ok0a said:
didnt replace a petrol cap after filling up then drove about 200 mile, needed to fill up again, wtf!, where is my cap - doh

Years ago the lad I was working with and myself had to use the boss's car to drive a couple of hundred miles to a job. He asked us to top it up with oil which we did down there before returning home. We were driving 'enthusiastically' as you do at that age in a 2L 16v Mondeo when, after 30 miles or so there was a strong smell of burning oil. Yup, we had forgotten to put the oil cap back on! Luckilly it was still there. Took some cleaning mind!

My dad left his teacup on the roof ,we got to the end of the road before it fell off
He's done the same thing to his briefcase more than once :LOL:

Never left anything on the roof sorry, But one thing that happened a while ago i remember a hot summer day driving my transit van with both windows fully open i'd left my mobile phone on the dash, I was trying to turn right at the traffic lights before they changed so as i flung the van round the bend sweeney style the phone slid straight across the dash and out the passenger window and bounced along the road :x hard as nails nokia 702 didn't even have a scratch on it :LOL:

Back