Graeme Obree comeback

67 x 13 !!!!!

I'm sure the UCI are meeting even as I write to come up with some more rules just in case.

Turning the gear might be managable but you'd not want to have to find any sudden acceleration with it!

Iwasgoodonce":u94rh60u said:
67 x 13 !!!!!

I'm sure the UCI are meeting even as I write to come up with some more rules just in case.

i'm sure they will be too

imcedentally, i have his book for sale. ita an excellent read.

follow the for sale link in my sig

interesting the choice of gearing - very low cadence, high power.

well good luck to him - an insipration to those of us perhaps at the end of their youth.

Considering he built that bike it's put together pretty strangely. In the picture his seat is all he way back in the clamps, the stem is cranked high with an extender and the chain is slack. Weird but best of luck to him. Is it a "fixie"?

possibly his training bike rather than his race bike? or there are uci size restrictions meaning he has to run like that.

pretty sure all track bikes are fixed BTW

lewis1641":2e2cklry said:
possibly his training bike rather than his race bike? or there are uci size restrictions meaning he has to run like that.

pretty sure all track bikes are fixed BTW

Could be the size restrictions or just trying out something new after riding the bike once made,I don't know but it looks odd.

I only mentioned about it being fixed as he is doing 2-2 1/2 hour rides per day or something with no brake, how does he stop?

think I saw him the other day training with mahoosive paniers turning a big gear.

He is the main man. Living superman. Lance Armstrong is nothing compared to 'The Flying Scot' :cool: :cool:

Back