Retro cameras?

dirtjumper_dmr

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Anyone else? I have a reasonably modern DSLR (Konica Minolta Dynax 5D) but I LOVE my older cameras. Mostly SLRs from the late 70s/early 80's... Too young to remember them new really but somehow they seem to tick all the boxes :D :D :D
Some that I currently have and in regular use...

Yashica FX-D Quartz/Yashica 50mm lens
Yashica FX103-Program/Yashica 50mm lens
Yashica FX3 Super 2000/Yashica 50mm lens
Contax 139 Quartz - body- C/Y lens mount, takes the Yashica lenses
Olympus OM-30/Sigma 70-210 Zoom
Nikon EM/50mm lens
Minolta XGM/50mm MD lens
Minolta X700/28mm wide angle Minolta MD lens
Minolta X300s/50mm MD lens/Motordrive-1
Olympus Trip 35 - 1976 - original case

Projects...
Yashica FX-D - needs new light seals
Yashica 230AF/yashica 50mm AF lens - body needs new back
Canon Canonet 28 - project, needs new light seals and battery
Olympus Trip 35 - early model - metal shutter release - dead light meter

Got a few more on the way :D :D :D

When I moved onto the boat, I had a lot of cameras. Had to get rid of them all though, nowhere to keep them anymore.
I still have:

Minolta 7000 (1985)
Nikon F401x (1991)
Canon EOS 1000 (1992)
Voigtlander Vito C (1964)

I got rid of the nice, expensive stuff, but I still regularly use all of mine.

Pentax K2
Pentax MX
Pentax ME

all working and in use

......could never aford the Nikon stuff ;)

Oh, the MX was a blinder. I always thought it was better than the Olympus OM1.
I couldn't afford Nikon either, I got mine from Freecycle! It's minty mint as well. To be honest, I never actually liked them enough to save up for them.

I love my old Pentax K1000 with its classic, solid and purposeful design...plus its build like a tank! See me through college and beyond for many years, not used it for years now though and find it hard to part with. It taught me all i know about photography at the time.

Using a digital Nikon 5700 at the moment, nothing too fancy but i like the posable screen on it which comes in handy.

I still have my Nikon FA with Nikkor 24mm, 50mm, 105mm macro and 100-300mm zoom lenses and MD 12 motor drive. When I bought it, it was a tossup between a good used F3 or a new FA. Sometimes I wish I got the F3 but do love the way the FA functions.

I also had a Bronica SQaM (also a whole darkroom set up). I loved the square 6x6 format, but if I had my time again I would just get an SQa, (the M stands for motor drive). The SQaM was a very fickle beast, would work brilliantly for ages then the electronics would play up. Finally the repair bill was more than the body was worth, so ended up selling all my lenses from it.

In addition to all of my digi kit, I've also still got:

Nikon F4
Nikon FM2
Nikon FE
Holga
Lubitel 166

Of all the camera's I've ever gotten rid of, I miss my Olympus OM2 the most - was a lovely little camera.

Back