Ride to work schemes

Arfur

Dirt Disciple
I am trying to get my company to sign up to the Evans Ride to Work scheme but they are saying it is too much like hard work to impliment so they will not even talk to them. Is there any part of the government legislation that says they have to or can they really say no and get lost?

i think it is up to the company to do it , and yes it is a lot of work and paperwork for your company .

that's pathetic, they should be please that you want to cycle to work and be healthy. If you can go higher up the chain until you find someone that says yes. It's not hard work. Don't they get a tax break anyway??!

psyclone1976":1khdk06v said:
that's pathetic, they should be please that you want to cycle to work and be healthy. If you can go higher up the chain until you find someone that says yes. It's not hard work. Don't they get a tax break anyway??!
I work for a firm who are planning to sack 15,000 people this year... I think a CTW scheme is going to do very little towards producing happy, healthy employees in the greater scheme of things...

If they are that large then they should be doing all they can to raise moral and keep employees happy. maybe they are thinking that some employees might take out the cycle to work scheme and then get made redundant and have to reclaim the money....that's what will be the hassle.!!!

yeah, sorry going off topic, doesn't look like there is any way to force them as it's totally optional for the company to sign up to or not....which blows chunks!!

Back