Best place for avid bb7's

the great roberto

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Decided to try a BB7 on the front of the zaskar.

Despite Google and most of my regular internet cycling sites, having trouble finding a (UK) supplier.

Anyone got knowledge of a reliable UK supplier ?

Wow
Nearly £60 !

I thought they were £40 ish. Is this the £ vs $ or euro or yen or whatever arguement or are chain reactions just expensive :?:

So, 160 or 185 dia. And guesswhat, my hubs are centrelock.So I'll have to eitehr but anotehr disk or get a converter thingy.

prices for the majority of new parts have gone up a lot recently.

CRC are usually one of the cheapest

Also look on Wiggle, Merlincycles.co.uk, Evans, Leisure Lakes, eBay....

Quite a common brake so 1/2hr or so of searching should find you the cheapest deal

4 options with centrelock hubs:

1) either use an adaptor & have your choice of brakes

2) use Shimano brakes

3) use a shimano rotor with the caliper/lever of your choice, although beware as not all are compatable with different rotors.

4) buy new wheels ;)

Harryburgundy":1agir93p said:
I bought mine from
http://www.cyclesportsuk.co.uk/index.php?cPath=425
but must have had a good deal at the time (February this year) as I only paid £34posted :shock:

Yep. That's where I've just ordered mine from. £41 I think. Lots of options with rotor size and differant types.

And yes, I'll have to get an adaptor to go from centrelock to 6 bolt. About another £15 or so...........

Rotor sizes: check what your fork & frame can handle, some forks are only recommended for 160mm, some 180mm & some 203mm. Frame is usually a matter of clearance issues with bigger rotors.

I would not go over 180/185 up front unless you are a downhill god who can beat Steve Peat one handed.

You can get enough power with a 180 rotor up front, unless you're built like the Hulk ;)

for the rear I usually run a 160 rotor, but my current bike is 180 front & rear.

in short 180 up front & 160 out back is enough for 90% of riders 90% of the time

Andy B":n62yu2t8 said:
in short 180 up front & 160 out back is enough for 90% of riders 90% of the time

That combination usually gets my vote too for everything this side of 35lb!

the great roberto":3rlo99ek said:
Wow
Nearly £60 !

I thought they were £40 ish. Is this the £ vs $ or euro or yen or whatever arguement or are chain reactions just expensive :?:

So, 160 or 185 dia. And guesswhat, my hubs are centrelock.So I'll have to eitehr but anotehr disk or get a converter thingy.

I have two cheap centrelock discs for sale without much if any use on them. Let me know if you are interested.

Back