Camelbak advise please

DeletedUser006

Old School Grand Master
I am thinking of getting a Camelbak, after looking on line there are so many variations, which ones do you guys use and which ones to steer clear of ?

Its time to ditch the bottle and cage , its ugly, fidley and makes my bikes sticky :roll:

Cheers

Gravy Monster":3sd0ru3k said:
Its time to ditch the bottle and cage , its ugly, fidley and makes my bikes sticky :roll:

Cheers

That's what happen to me on the IoW but nobody was listening :oops: :LOL:

When I had a back it was a blue/grey model quite smal with a pocket

tintin40":1cqvvbph said:
That's what happen to me on the IoW but nobody was listening :oops: :LOL:

When I had a back it was a blur/grey model quite smal with a pocket

:LOL: All I remeber was you filling it up with 3 cans of red bull :LOL:

I have a Camelbak Hawg. Plenty of storage space and will hold 3l. of drink. Ok, so they are not cheap but I have had this for 7 years not and still have older ones in service too (bladders aside). Only risk with hydration packs is lugging too much stuff around.

mtbfix":2oabhh6e said:
I have a Camelbak Hawg. Plenty of storage space and will hold 3l. of drink. Ok, so they are not cheap but I have had this for 7 years not and still have older ones in service too (bladders aside). Only risk with hydration packs is lugging too much stuff around.

Thanks, they are not cheap , I dont want to buy a lemon, Ideally I would like a light weight one with ability to store car key, phone, cash and essentail tools etc.

Cheers

Camelback

Hi gravy monster

Don't go and buy the basic one (no storage space) I made that mistake. You will need one with storage unless you don't carry tools, pump, tube and energy bars. I have the rouge model, 2 litre bladder, 2 zipped pockets and a mesh pocket for my pump and space tube. Look around there are lots of models and colours. I might get a 3 litre one for longer rides.

Good luck
Cheers kirbdug :D

I have the basic one, and find it has enough space.

I take a pump, patches and multitool in the main pocket (in with the bladder...its not popped it yet) and car key a few coins and my debit card in the very small pocket.

Mobile is usually in my pocket for quicker access. Nothing more annoying than deciding to answer the phone, then it stops ringing just as your digging your way through a back pack to find it.

RallyMarshal":2qfhnlu1 said:
Not the best one by a long way but I have tescos brand camelbak which has around 1.5 litres liquid capacity and enough space to store keys, phone, tools etc.. Bargain for under a tenner!

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.100-0611.aspx

Paul..

I have the same one! Its great for rides when you don't want to carry much, maybe small number of tools and some energy bars

If you want to carry much more you'll need something bigger tho. I have a small berghous hiking rucksack for that. Has a wee pocket for the reservoir and can carry enough stuff for a day out whilst still be really comfortable

Don't go and buy the basic one (no storage space) I made that mistake

Agree, I brought the classic ... Ideal for quick rides but only enough room for car keys, change etc.

Have a Mule now ... They are spot on :cool:

Back