(Lancs) Merlin Malt fork compatabilty Q's

reanimation

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hiya,

Does anyone know what length forks you can get away with on a (Alu) Merlin Malt?

Its the GF's, its deep (royal?) blue and I reckon its at least a couple years old, strange mix of bits but I'm guessing that its built from an old stock frame (but I'm not qualified in these things).

It came with low non sus geo corrected rigid forks and was a pig, I fitted the Marzocchi EXR Comps from her old bike, and its OK, though it looks comparing to my modern like the head angle has relaxed from 71 degrees. these EXR's are 470mm axle to crown, and although they are tough i find em a bit pogoey, (she doesn't notice prob). I have just got some sexy Pace RC36 Evo3's IIRC and they are 445/450mm a-c is this good for handling to fit these forks? or in theory will it cock the bike up again. course I could try it, just wondering anyone knows about these things before I bother!

Cheers

:cool:

Their website images show 100mm forks on Malt frames. Fitting a 25mm shorter fork will sharpen the handling by about a degree so probably not a disaster.

Back