Best bike maintenance book?

Rabbit171

Dirt Disciple
Hi All,

I'm looking for a good bike maintenance book to help me fix and maintain all the bits on my fangled new bike :oops:

I can fix all the parts on my old AlpineStar but my new GT has got all this hydraulic stuff and I don't fancy tanking down a hill and finding I've got no brakes! :LOL:

Any suggestions gratefully received, and thanks in advance! :D

I use the park tools website to but also got the park tools blue book as I was wearing the carpet out from the garage to the PC :LOL:

The Bike Book, published by Haynes, is pretty good, although I usually refer to Park when in doubt.

I tried to get hold of a copy of the big blue book as it's meant to be the best, but couldn't find one anywhere .... grr!! :cry:

So I got the Bicycling magazine's Illustrated Bicycle Maintenance, and it's fab!! And (amazingly enough!!) it's got loads of piccies too, which is brill for a complete bike-numpty like me .... as I don't even know the names of most of the parts of my bikes!! And it does road & mountain bikes, as well as everything from rigid through to full suspension! :cool:

Lx

Ps ISBN no. 978-1-4050-8788-9 :)

There is also one called 'zen and the art of bicycle maintenance'
But i dont know how old it is and what it covers these days

It's "Zinn and the art of Mountain Bike Maintenance", by Lennard Zinn.
Although I'm adding a fine bike maintenance book to my for sale thread later. ;)

Latest posts

Back