lewis1641

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
determined to get out on my bike more and to discover the local trails (dont know this area well at all) i called a few mates and arranged a ride last night.

one such mate recently gave me his fire mountain (see project skint link in my sig) and as another mate was riding my inbred, i decided i'd take his resurected old kona. his new bike is an all singing all dancing full bounce specialized and lovely it is too.

fast forward an hour into the ride and phil (kona donor) is telling me how pleased he is that the old kona is back out on the trails and we engage in conversation about how an old hardtail with knackered forks can keep up with a modern full suspension xc bike. at this point we are going down hill. the surface is really churned up but hardpacked mud and stone. i am doing my best to hold on and keep up whilst also preaching to phil that rear suspension is a luxury not a necessity, that he's a panzy, real men ride rigid etc etc when from out of nowhere, whack. i'm on the floor rolling around in agony.

no idea what happened but it shut me up. funny how things hurt less when your mates are laughing their socks off.

so i'm feeling pretty sore today and look like i need some new skin

laughter is good for pain so you cheered me up at work which is very painful :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back