Ferrari to pull out of F1 next year!

seem to be a case of "we're all right, Jack" - they have enough money to keep going at the current cost. Other teams don't, though.

Oh dear, how sad, never mind!

I hope this doesn't bring down the whole F1 thang?

I do enjoy my sunday afternoon nap!! ;)

Al, mostly eating sometimes sleeping.

Into every life a little rain must fall. Let them take their toys and leave the park.

Not really, It's the teams standing up for what they want and to keep some control of F1, if the majority back down then then FIA will ultimatly take control dictating rules and the teams just have to take it. Ferrari are not the only one who might do this.

Budget caps is the main one and the concerns over how this will effect a two tiered play...
It might sound like a good idea but if the low spenders suddenly can run things such as flexible/adjustable rear wings they gain far more than any money will be able to claw back. Sounds good doesn't it, so why do Ferrari etc not just suddenly cut their spending. Err well how many redundencies, parts chains and sudden reorganisation to cater for all the alterations will it take and te time involved. Best to step out and regroup/reorganise than just throw in bad money while it happens or try and alter it for a better situation.

Back