How Do I Post a Photo?

stephec

Old School Hero
I have a photo of my bike on my desktop and want to post it in readers bikes, does anyone know how to do it?

From what I can make out I can only link to image hosting websites.

stephec":24g1wwew said:
I have a photo of my bike on my desktop and want to post it in readers bikes, does anyone know how to do it?

From what I can make out I can only link to image hosting websites.

You know and understand the 'add an attachment' button ?
Below the bit you type on,'attachment posting control panel'
If not -read on #1.If yes go to section #2

Click the button :D [add AN attachment]
The attachment posting control panel expands slightly,and now includes 'browse' box
Click that :D
The window that opens up on your desktop is entitled 'Add a file'
At the top of that is a' look in' box with some icons on the right side -
Back/up one level/create new folder/view menu
Click 'up one level' or 'back', till you see ,my documents,
select 'my docs' by double clicking it.
Look down the list of 'my docs' and select 'my pictures'[or wherever you are keeping the pic you really really want to show us :D ]and d/Click it
Select that pic and double click it to select that pic :? :LOL:
when you double click on your choice piccy ,the 'add a file box will magically vanish and reappear in the browse box of add an attachment.
Now click 'add attachment' and your done :D
Type out your topic or reply, and click submit

If you find its not loading or is taking a hell of a long time ,then it may mean the pic is too big or you're a rotten photographer
If it is the case and the pic is too large then you need to resize it
:roll:
Windows has a very handy tool for this task:D
Pop down to your LWS[local windows site] and download their XP photo resizer
[Click it /save file /run]
Now ,whenever you right click your mouse, while its over a pic, the resizer option will appear in that drop down menu you can then select one of the pre-sized er...sizes

If this isnt what you mean then ive wasted a good hour gaming time :roll:
But somebody else may have the skill needed to unravel my ramblings and maybe,just maybe, make use of them :D

While running through this. i accidently added a pic of Glencoe red squirrel campsite with some hill or other in the background
Might as well share
thats the back of my mates head and our tent to the right,it was a lovely still day,wish id brought my bike :( ,but as we went through nearly a full bottle of dark rum in about 4 hours ,maybe that wouldnt have been a good idea :shock: :LOL: :LOL:

Back