I felt grubby...

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
After work rode to a non bike shop and locked up ouside. Having a browse and one of the assistants, clearly a discerning fellow, said "nice bike mate". And he was right.

But I was felt slightly violated, grubby even. His problem or mine? I suspect I know the answer.

should have said, yea but not as good a ride as your mum. :LOL: depends what bike it was, bet it was nice. Some people are ignorant to bikes, thinking that only poor people have them or people who cant drive. nuggets :LOL:

dave

Sorry bit lost here :?
Would you have preferred him to say 'what a hunk of sh**e'
unless you mean he was being sarcastic, then Daves comment would have been your retort.

While at college i was working on an industrial estate, i started as others were finishing
So i arrived on me trusty steed ,pulled into the c/park and was just locking up when the passenger of some waiting car shouts over to me 'Cant you afford a car?[much to the amusement of the other occupants :roll: ]
I retort back that i cant, but rather than be a selfish bastard scrounging transport from mates,i sort myself out.
The driver [the mate he obviously scrounges all his lifts off] erupts into fits of laughter leaving big mouth looking like the biggest pri*k on the planet

I knew someone who when confronted by a GTI owning boy racer who said "Can't you afford a car?" stopped, looked at him and said "I wish I had just £50, then I'd buy two cars just like yours".

Or... I'll sell one of my bikes and get two cars better than yours :LOL: :LOL:
Only when you start building them do you realise how quickly it mounts up

The bloke in the Nut and Bolt wholesalers described my FAT as an old Butchers bike yesterday!
Fat bastard will find he's a box of speed screws short next time he does a stock take.

Si

Sales people sometimes have statements that seem to have no logical reposte. You spill out an awkward laugh or an unintelligable acknowledgment, they must be taught it at sales school?

I wouldn't look like I knew about bikes if I worked in a shop that sold furniture. If I worked in a shop and saw you lock a nice bike up I'd have no idea who you were, but I'd probably say your bike was cool.
It wasn't me working in the shop, by the way.

Back