Puncture resistant tubes......

I think I'll stick to adjustable pressure and pneumatic comfort along with the occasional mild inconvenience/welcome break of the odd puncture. Solid tyres and inners have come and gone time and again now and maybe someone will get the message one day...

I used a self-sealing tube for a while but in it gave up. Just to many holes over a year :oops:

I'll stick will the cheep option :D

I use Halfords own slime tubes. Only a couple of quid more than normal tubes.

Ok, they are a little heavier than standard tubes, but (touch wood) have eliminated 95% of the annoying thorn punctures. They cant cope with mega thorns, but (touch wood) I havent had a puncture in months.

No no no no no no no.
People invent this every five years or so, and it always falls flat on its ar$e.
100% puncture proof, 0% useful.
Just take spare tubes out, and make sure you have suitable tyres. Job's a goodun.

Agree with Chris. Decent tyre levers, pump, and a patient laid-back disposition is the best puncture solution.

chris667":n6o196rm said:
No no no no no no no.
People invent this every five years or so, and it always falls flat on its ar$e.
100% puncture proof, 0% useful.
Just take spare tubes out, and make sure you have suitable tyres. Job's a goodun.

Love the puns :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: also spot on :D

Didn't Vredestein have some of these out a few years back? They were orange then. And about as useful as filling your tyres with oranges (the fruit not the bikes :roll: ).

Back