Senna - 15yrs on

P20

Retrobike Rider
15yrs since Senna was killed at Imola. Theres a couple of videos on the BBC. ➡️ Senna Documentary ➡️

That Donnington lap is about 29mins in. Theres retrobike content at 21mins of his bike with Pace forks. ;)

wow 15 years. from some respects it seems like he left us ages and ages ago, sometimes it just feels liks 15 minutes

I always wondered if Senna didnt get killed, who would have won the F1 title in 1994 and the next few years?, it would have been interesting to watch Senna racing with Schumacher which fireworks is expected.

I can still remember the crash like if it was yesterday as I watch the race live on tv that afternoon.

it really would have beed explosive.

perhaps it is better to burn out than fade away...

it does only feel like yesterday that it happened but at the same time it also feels like a long time ago as he is now remembered along with the old greats.

Yep R.I.P and Roland Ratzenberger who also sadly lost his life that weekend too :cry:

The best driver of all time IMO. An all time great who's pure single mindedness drove him to the limits. He would probably of mentally burned Schmacher out within a couple of seasons. A tragedy we lost him so soon, but as mentioned above maybe better we never saw him slide to the back of the pack.

sinnett177":23zykxoo said:
The best driver of all time IMO.

Agreed.

If Hill got so close in '94, Senna would have definitely won the championship. The Williams FW16 was a really difficult car to drive to there's no doubt Senna would have helped to fix that issue,

Senna had also a ready deal to drive for Ferrari after his Williams deal would have ended. He would probably ended his career in ~2000 but would have been able to win many championships before that.

If Senna would have lived, I bet there would be no such champions as Hill and Villeneuve...

Back