Big sweep bars

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Anyone else convinced or converted by them? Been mostly using marys the last few months and have just finished building a bike with a regular riser. It feels weird and not in a nice way. :? Think I'll have to look around for another set of sweepy bars.

I've been using the cheap and cheerfull Zoom wiggly bars on my Surly for a few years. I think the're greeeeeat! I will stick with them on the single cos they are really comfy. Also the position can be dialled in exactley, smart for someone with back problems. And only 15 nicker!!

I never use them on a geared bike though! not sure why. :?

Al. not tony the tiger!!

I use a set of ITM allrounders on one of my bikes. Lovely, and very similar.
But I think for comfort and all day riding, the best thing going is the Nitto Moustache, with the north road shape mounted upside down following a close second. I really think your wrists should face inwards when you're pedalling, and they allow that while giving you a bit more uprightness and control than the hoods of a drop.
The moustache bar is quite expensive now, it seems to have been discovered by the fixie crowd which has put up prices but new north road bars are only £11. ;)

http://www.freemanscycles.co.uk/product ... 0handlebar

I have 3 rides on a Titec J-bar, that's the Jeff Jones knock-off. I get on with them well, but I'm not planning to change my other rides to J-bars just yet. I do have a set of Mary's I picked up here as yet unused, waiting for the right build.

Singular99_004.jpg

I've seen the zooms on the bay, needed summat a wee bit more blingy though :oops:

May try northroads one day chris, a build in the pipeline is going to have nitto randonneurs....maybe

Iboc any more pics of that Singular? looks yummy :cool:

Nice! :D

Is it a fixed or do you just like doing endo's?

Al. I really like it twice too.

Back