act in haste....repent slowly and painfully at your leisure!

feetabix

Retrobike Rider
just over three years ago my ex wife decided life could be better with a local builder,ending our ten year marriage and taking my two boys too......the only thing to do was a complete restart in life and a total clearout......in my tunnel visioned haste i scrapped my old cycling gear including my trophies and medals from the previous 15 years of mtb comps,and most painfully my period orange aluminium elite with period xt kit and assorted purple add-ons etc etc.....you get the picture!!!......life has now settled and things are good once more,the only pain i cant put to bed is the utter stupidity of tipping my old friend after the years of service she.....(does a bike have a gender???)......gave me.when i look at other elites on here i have a knot in my gut and it wont go away.....i miss her and could cry at my needless loss!!!.......has anyone else thrown away perfectly good and unreplacable kit for no reason??....someone,anyone.....please slay my simmering guilt.........d :cry:

I don't throw anything away.

My ex wife is still in amongst the pile of boxes in my cupboard.

'I'm sure I'll find a use one day' is my motto...

Plenty. Back when I had a garage I would gather lots of junk and then get annoyed at not being able to find stuff amid all the other clutter. Then I'd throw stuff out and regret it 12 hours after the bin men had been.

Yes I sold my first Trimble. And bought a Klein. Should have kept the Trimble. Considering they went and painted red/white/blue strips And haven't riden it since 93 :cry:

Yep we got shot of everything from first time... Gutted would loved to of still had a bike that dad built, made a replica of my Original Orange but its not it at the end of the day :? The only bike unless it was broken that could possibly be easily found and ID as an "dad" Original is a yellow vario no limits as I have never seen once since and remember the spec down to the bolts :D

tintin40":1lj3ptz0 said:
Yes I sold my first Trimble. And bought a Klein. Should have kept the Trimble. Considering they went and painted red/white/blue strips And haven't riden it since 93 :cry:

Can't you buy it back Toe?

You have to find a bike you like more than the Elite - didn't you ever have a dream bike that you longed for but never owned? Find one and buy it - you will forget the Orange.

BoyBurning":1g4n1cmo said:
tintin40":1g4n1cmo said:

Can't you buy it back Toe?

Yes offer in region of £1500 :shock: I sold it for £300 inflation more like taking the piss. even with the paint looking at £700ish at very top

Back