A rant - changing banks

LeeDevelopment

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
After being charged a small fortune in monthly interest charges with an old bank account, plus a £25 fine everytime I went 5p over my overdraft limit, I decided to change. The new bank account's website proudly boasts that they will take care of all the stress from transferring all of my direct debits and stranding orders plus the overdraft etc etc and I don't have to do anything. Well that was a month ago and my wages are due in tomorrow!

Have they transferred my direct debits - have they hell, where will my wages go? I have no fvcking idea! I could have arranged all of my direct debits and standing orders myself within two days of receiving my new bank account's information. What an incompetent bunch of fvckwits!

To add insult to injury I received a letter from a company called Secure Mail Services stating they 'have a delivery for you that requires a signature'. Now I work full time so tried to arrange a re-delivery to my work address which, somewhat ironically, is a police station! Despite the fact that their point 3 on the letter states 'Your delivery will be made between 9am to 5pm to you home or work address' they have refused point blank to send it to my work address. I am in no way taking a day's annual leave for this!

Rang back again this evening and kicked off, they're now sending the card out by recorded delivery, so I'll get a post card through the letter box asking me to go to the local depot to pick it up. WHY CAN'T THEY DO THIS IN THE FIRST FVCKING PLACE?!?!?! MORONS!!!!!!

Tomorrow, after checking both old and new online bank accounts first thing to see where my wages have gone in I will need to dash into town, armed with the paperwork from the new bank account and transfer money between both account to ensure all my direct debits are being paid on time.

No stress?? My ar5e!!

:twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

have you thought claiming the bank charges back??

I thought of changing banks. But they are basically the same. I wish mine looked after me a bit more and not the 3rd world :roll:

Every month a company takes £11.25 from me. And the bank gives me it back. They say they can't stop it right away. But its been 4 months. Still as long as they give me it back.

Crikey! Once I went about fifty pence over my limit (ironically because of a DD for "card protection"..) so I got charged £25 for going over my limit and £25 "admin charge" (for sending me a standard letter). Because I didn't pay them within 48 hrs i got another £25 charge. This made my DD for my credit card bounce (same company) so i got charged from them too.. It escalated into about £180 charges and i was virtually pulling my fvcking hair out.. This comes from the same bank that can't even set up a standing order in-branch (oh no, you have to call the 0845 number - which costs me).. Grrr etc.

Eventually they made a typo mistake on my statement and were so embarrassed they refunded the lot! I would mention their' name but they'd prolly only do me for slander.. :evil: :evil: :evil:

can utterly recommend the Co Op Bank - if that helps any. ?

ALways get through to a human, that seems to have a rare 'actually gives a sh*t' approach. always some off the phone content with service.

This week I mentioned it was a bit Rum a foreign bank charged my recipient a charge for receiving money for the uk and they even offered to and then actuated a refund to me it to pass it on to the chap as a goodwill gesture, even when it wasn't anything to do with their responsibilty. Very good customer service...when was the last time you heard that said of a banking institution? :)

Did you seriously expect chaning bank account to go smoothly?

Anyone found a bank with an English person on the end of the phone?

I had to contact mine the other month and I couldn't understand a word, and the person had no clue as to what was what, due to her being in India.

First Direct for me. All UK-based and I have promised to leave if they open an office in India. Never had a problem in 15 years (one of their first customers) and they ring me up if I am likely to go overdrawn.

Would not change them.

Wu-Tangled":2ebv4qzw said:
can utterly recommend the Co Op Bank - if that helps any. ?

ALways get through to a human, that seems to have a rare 'actually gives a sh*t' approach. always some off the phone content with service.

agreed, we're with smile which is co-op... excellent by far the best as far as i'm concerned. + try to shop at co-op as much as poss, no body getting too fat off the proceeds as its all member owned which appeals.

South Bound":1izndh2o said:
First Direct for me. All UK-based and I have promised to leave if they open an office in India. Never had a problem in 15 years (one of their first customers) and they ring me up if I am likely to go overdrawn.

Would not change them.

I had an account with them...they are prety good.
Incidentally, I work for a bank...well it was a bank till mid last year anyway.. :shock:

Back