Wife loans out my Pace

clunker

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Going on holiday next week with my Sister In-law and her husband, he doesn’t have a bike so my wife said to her sister over the phone "you can loan Matt's old bike" to be honest he is a top bloke but I don't feel that comfortable about it :?

Wife has gone to bed now in a huff :)

I wouldn't be happy either! Hell, my girlfriend rides the same size frame as me, I love her but I wouldn't be happy with her riding my bikes!

If she said someone else could use my bikes, I'd be pissed! Somethings are sacred!

face it the guys a **** and him putting his arse on your seat is no different to you putting your **** in the sister in laws *****

if he doesnt own a bike he wont have the mechanical sympathy to play with yours . just mention to her the paces weight limit and how that heffers fat arse will require a replacement

just think of all those shifts under load across the block , i can hear them now , then the getting off and walking

Is he a proper cyclist? Does he know a good machine from an indifferent one? What sort of holiday is it? I'm down the road from you and have a Focus in a size 18 you could borrow. Should the worst happen it came from a skip anyway.

wow! with you on this one, no-onelse borrows my bikes without asking me and no one would presume it would be ok either to lend them to anyone without asking, regardless of who that person is. my mates know they can use my bikes but they never ask, they wait for me to offer. i regularly lend my bikes to mates so we can all go for rides but the bikes only get loaned if i'm going on that ride. mainly it's 2 good mates who have both sold their own xc bikes to fund uni etc.

on the IOW ride on the 10th, adam might be using my st4 and phil might be using my 07 clockwork, so basically my 2 most expensive bikes, but i offered, they didn't ask.

as long as you are on the ride though i wouldn't worry, that way you can keep an eye on the bike and his riding. if my mates get a bit naughty with the bike they get told but they are good guys and have enough respect for my stuff that they don't abuse the privalidge.

ask yourself though is it worth the argument with the other half over this one, but make sure she knows it was abit out of order offering your bike without asking you first.

perry":io5ohbgd said:
face it the guys a **** and him putting his arse on your seat is no different to you putting your **** in the sister in laws *****

if he doesnt own a bike he wont have the mechanical sympathy to play with yours . just mention to her the paces weight limit and how that heffers fat arse will require a replacement

just think of all those shifts under load across the block , i can hear them now , then the getting off and walking

:LOL:

clunker":27fef61s said:
Going on holiday next week with my Sister In-law and her husband, he doesn’t have a bike so my wife said to her sister over the phone "you can loan Matt's old bike" to be honest he is a top bloke but I don't feel that comfortable about it :?

Wife has gone to bed now in a huff :)

Stand your ground. It's not hers to loan out. Don't lend it out.

Back