Potty Lids.

XCDave

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Just wondering if anyone wears a potty lid/piss pot/caving helmet/general dirt jumper helmet for riding? I need a new bone dome and these have really grown on me! I don't like a peak on my helmet (teehee), but do potty lids get hot compared with other, more normal helmets?

ive got an old tsg pig that i never wear as it makes me look like a cock :LOL:

i have a small head but helmet makers seem to keep the thickness the same so they always looks massive on me

will get hot as there is very little venting . if someone pisses you off you can press the front against your forehead and let the sweat pour over their bike though :LOL:

ive heard the new tsg is good

I have the same head problem! I was thinking TSG lids kinda wrap around a bit better, instead of just sitting on top of my head, looking like one of those 1up mushrooms from Mario. They're a blank canvas for stickers too...

i think pro tec would be a better fit or a new tsg , i think fox do some too

mine is a small/medium and still looks large . the old tsgs have a bit of a bell shape to them where they flair out slightly at the bottom

in the winter you can remove the pads and wear a beanie instead

heres a pic of shaun palmer wearing one of those military style helmets , doesnt look bad

palmer.jpg

Palmer's allowed to get away looking like a cock though :LOL:

I've got a brand new Protec in the box, with a peak, never used it. It doesn't look too bad on, I just can't bring myself round to wearing it. The E2 wins every time :cool:

I ride in a potty at chicksands, and when I don't ride continuously. I like it because you can drop them on the floor and not worry about breaking a £70 + lid.
That said I rode Coed Y Brenin the other week in it and it was OK too.
TSG here cost me £15.

i use a skateboarding helmet...but i do fall off more than most so it needs to be tough...head does get a bit warm though. :p

I wear a Pro-Tec lid off road unless I know ahead of time that the ride is gonna be a real old school epic without anything too technical. My head does get hotter than with a standard helmet but I reckon the trade off in strength and durability is worth it.

I'm also prone to falling off at low speeds (crap sense of balance I guess) and don't want want to have to replace a helmet 'cos I fell over sideways in slo mo and bumped ma noggin on a tree stump or squirrel. :LOL:

Back