This wine malarkey's a slippery slope, mr HB. When it was just Tim Taylor or Old Peculiar everything was simple in the world and couldn't get much better. But this Burgundy-buisness is open ended.. there's always something nicer to lighten your wallet.
Just had a bottle or so of Laboure-Roi. Probably naff, but delish by my ignorant standards.
Ah...a fellow Burgundy drinker. I have only tried a few bottles of Lab and from memory they were OK.
Last night I had
1. 2002 Santenay 1er Cru Les Gravieres Vielles Vignes
Domaine Vincent Girardin (very good)
2. 2002 Chateau Corton Grancy Grand Cru
Louis Latour (utter crap like all Louis Latour wines)
3. 2000 Savigny-les-Beaune 1er Cru Aux Fourneaux
Domaine Simon Bize (very very very good)
4. 2002 Nuits-St-George 1er Cru Les Vaucrains
Domaine Jean Chauvenet (disappointing..too much extract)
5. 1993 Vosne Romanee 1er Cru Les Petits Monts
Domaine Denis Mugneret (very good but faded)
6. 2004 Chambolle-Musigny
Domaine Ghislaine Barthod (promising...too young)
7. 2004 Morey St Denis 1er Les Loups
Domaine des Lambrays (excellent)
8. 1998 Gevry Chambertin 1er Cru St Jacques VV
Domaine Fourrier (stunning)
Not a bad night
and still sober enough to cycle the 5 miles home
For ever changing my mind and my cars