Anyone run modern Rockshox Forks?

Thorpie

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Does anyone run modern Rockshox forks on their bikes? I have an 09 Reba Race on mine but I seem to be having trouble with the gold coloured floodgate knob, basically it does not turn and I cannot adjust the travel whilst in lockout. It is supposed to turn so that you can control the level of movement whilst the fork is locked out, mine doesn't want to know! I am waiting for a reply from TF Tuned but just wondered if anyone else has had this problem or knows how to fix it.

Trevor.

Don't think you can adjust the travel with the fork locked out, they usually lock out at only one travel length (full travel IIRC)

The Floodgate is usually set how you want it and then left alone, can't remember if you can still move it with the fork locked out or not.

Andy B":1wdmjiyz said:
Don't think you can adjust the travel with the fork locked out, they usually lock out at only one travel length (full travel IIRC)

The Floodgate is usually set how you want it and then left alone, can't remember if you can still move it with the fork locked out or not.

You should be able to turn this dial whilst the fork is locked out, it is to allow the fork to continue tracking even whilst locked. It is often referred to as platform control or blow off! Should be able to get 3 or 4 turns of the knob for fine tuning, mine wont move even a quarter of a turn.

Back