Retrobike CENSORED

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
:shock:
DEEP BREATH :LOL:
#I was adding a post on one of HRH Gribbles wooden kitchen shelf box and i included the f word :oops: sorry just wasnt thinking :oops:

when i previewed ,i noticed **** had been changed to f**k
Automatic censoring
Dont have a problem with it at all ,as when we add these sweary words we usually put a couple of odd symbols as not to offend [:? ]
I hadn't realised that if you forgot to include ** ,the site would add it for you

POINT-I try to obey site rules [unwritten or otherwise]and completely agree with it ,so please dont think im trying to cause friction ,its just its the first time ive come across automatic censorship and i wondered if anybody else had noticed

How i feel about it is a whole different matter :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: but thats not applicable here
----------------------------------------------------

:)

Very few words are censored, just typed a list in and only a couple got stared. I don't have a problem with this kind of censorship. There are plenty more ways of getting your thoughts and opinions over.

Automatic *** of words is build into the Board software and not sure of this version but often enabled by default. It also comes with a default list that can be added to.
Say add Kona and we can easily get that to be K**a ;)

Same for most decent Bulletin Board software.

you can even change words to say something else , oldskoolford changes sierra to jellymould :LOL:

perry":zv2c0p5u said:
you can even change words to say something else , oldskoolford changes sierra to jellymould :LOL:

And woman is a dorris :LOL:

I'm on a forum for wee modernish hatchbacks, all seems to be a young crowd (small engines = cheap insurance etc), it's not filtered and is full of F words, C words, W words, being a grumpy old git i think "do they need to use that language" :LOL:, it's the typing posts in TXT SPK that gets me mad :x but some of them know their stuff so is still handy.

I'm also on capripower.co.uk which is filtered but like on here is generally an older crowd who probably dont swear in their normal day to day vocabulary so dont feel the need too swear in posts, different forums different users i guess.

I f**king love symbolism. It means you give a sh1t about other @rseh0les and giving a b*ll*cks shows yer thoughtful....nice. :LOL:

Back