frikkin diy

gibbleking

Old School Grand Master
never never never tell the other half you can make it for less ...THEN you get to spend a REALLY NICE SUNNY saturday breaking ya back doing it ..... :twisted:its not on the wonk btw..its the council house ..it just isnt level anywhere.ps i .made this one without the use of machines for a change....takes a bit longer but a bit more fun in the long run :D

Attachments

• 18042009222.jpg
    18042009222.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 595
very nice :D

Im not a fan of pine though,but still very nice
if youre thinking cheapness then hemlock is a good knot free equivalent to pine ,its a little more cost wise but nothing really
Veneered board always looks nice

Whats the thickness to the mid shelf?i'd be using 18-22 mm,plates can really bend a shelf if its too thin :?
screwing through the backpanel into the rear of the shelf can also lend support

12mil pine .....shelves are screwed down into the brackest and from the side as well as being glued as well....(its still twisted a bit tho....grr )......i like knots as they give off that pine smell i like so much.thing is i have a tonne of oak in the shed but its too hard to use and its kinda heavy....i used the pine cos its cheap(not much cash and its easy to cut by hand) and it matched the other thigs ive made.. :D

I'll swop you a load of pine i have for that common or garden oak you have kicking about ;)

Get yourself a No7 and plane it all ,'the old fashioned way'
I had two teak planks 12"x3"x12' that i made into a coffee table box thingy and 12 drawers for another project,i cut/split/planed/sanded all by hand, zero machines used :shock:

NEVERAF**KINGAIN :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Will you post uyp some pics of those drawers open , :? whats the bit of beading on the fronts for :? do they hinge in the middle also???

And why dont they match up :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

;) Only joking

yup the drawers hinge in the middle as well ....ran out of wood so the doors were made from what i could get me grubbies on in my wood shed.....the beading is to cover where the panels meet ...just makes them tidier to look at when they hinge down.hand planed the whole thing even tho i have all the power tools i needed to do it quickly.the oak i have is going to be a custom made coffee table/surfboard thingie ...just been waiting for the weather to improve so i can make it.have you seen the one i made earlier....pics below.

Attachments

• DSCF1897.JPG
    DSCF1897.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 523
  • DSCF1900.JPG
    DSCF1900.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 523
  • 19042009223.jpg
    19042009223.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 523
Back