HELP!! Sunken Screws!!

Lollipops

Retro Guru
Sorry to disappoint but this isn't an even vaguely dodgy thread! :p I'm trying to get a screw out of a piece of wood, but it's recessed by about an inch, and the thread has been knackered by whoever put it in there last time!! (Not me BTW!)

Has anyone got any idea how I can get the damn thing out?! HELP ME PLEASE!! This is a pic of the wood joint to hopefully give you some idea of my trouble!! :roll:

Attachments

• 100_3466 [640x480].jpg
    100_3466 [640x480].jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 1,018
Look feeble and wait 'til a gulable man turns up! (gullible) :oops:

Shouldn't be long! ;) or you could just smack dead 'ard with something heavy! hope this helps in some small way?

Al. Stuffin' his face, again!

I've tried the thwacking it with summat hard ... didn't do much!!

And as for me looking feeble and waiting for a gullible man ..... HAHAHA!! That ain't gonna happen in a long time luv!! Haven't you seen any pics of me?!?! I'm not exactly the weak and feeble type!! Lol!! :LOL:

Attachments

• Lollipops at Glyncorrwg.jpg
    Lollipops at Glyncorrwg.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 1,002
Lollipops":2xlrfzm8 said:
Sorry to disappoint but this isn't an even vaguely dodgy thread! :p I'm trying to get a screw out of a piece of wood, but it's recessed by about an inch, and the thread has been knackered by whoever put it in there last time!! (Not me BTW!)

Has anyone got any idea how I can get the damn thing out?! HELP ME PLEASE!! This is a pic of the wood joint to hopefully give you some idea of my trouble!! :roll:

Is it still xmas at your house? :LOL:

Seriously though stand on the back piece of wood and while pulling up on the piece in front try unscrewing again

I can't drill the head off without splitting the piece of wood that it's in, and I kinda need that as it's gonna be the front bit of my sofa, I've tried the standing on various bits and unscrewing other bits and that still didna work ... anyone know where I could get some REALLY big magnets from ... a la Mythbusters?!?! Lol!! :roll:

P.s. Hacksaw blades won't fit between the 2 bits of wood to cut the screw, unless you know where I can get one without the sticky-out bits on the end of the blade?!?! :LOL:

what you do is put some weight against the wood with the screw in putting it under load.this should help the screw bite ito the wood with whatever thread it has left .whilst putting the load on this you should be able to unscrew the thing.ineed some more piccies of the wood and the screw to make any other suggestions....agb diy services free quote.com.... :D

Hey guys, thanks Loads for your REALLY helpful suggestions!! Luckily my neighbour just walked by my flat ... and heard me swearing!! And he did the chisilling bit to get the screw out ... and it worked!! :cool:

You see, this is why women keep men around ... they have their uses!! :p ;)

Thanks tons again guys, you're lovely!! :D

Told ya'

i do talk 99% sh1t but now and again someone gets the 1% of pure gold!

Al. :D

Back