Cannondale M600 in cashconverters

stu76

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
My local Cash converters has a Cannondale M600 for sale at £169. It's in fantastic condition frame wise, 21 sp LX rear mech and STX everything else, RS judy XC's up front. Not sure of the year, V brakes so not that new, but the Judy's have disc mounts. Frame is blue/purple colour.

I almost got my wallet out but then thought I'd check first.

Is this a bargain?

i wouldnt say its a bargain but its a decent price. you wouldnt get a better bike new for that sort of money

Regardless of the price, if it's in Cash Converters then there's a very strong chance it's nicked. I had a Cannondale (coincidentally) road bike stolen in a break-in about 10 years ago and sure as eggs it surfaced in a nearby Cash Conv a few days later.

If it is indeed stolen and was stolen locally then don't be totally surprised if an irate owner accosts you in the street. They're bound to think you're the scrote who lifted it despite your protestations otherwise.

Thanks for the replies. I'm still tempted but will probably leave it.

I thought Cash converters had quite strict ID checks etc when you sold stuff to them, never done it myself. I did wonder why it was in there to be honest, surely someone who owns a decent bike like that would know of better places to sell, maybe they were desperate!

Cheers STu

P.S It's cash converters in St Helens, Merseyside if anyone else is interested :)

Back