How much is it to respray a frame??

rojo

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Hi me again, if i end up getting a frame as a project to build it up for my first time. I was wondering how much it is to get a frame resprayed and where???

Powder Coat: Cheaper and much tougher. Less shiney and you might be limited to a few colours if going very budget.

Paint: More expensive and fragile. Gives a better finish and complex fades are possible.

Thanks guys so whats a rough price?? How do you have to give the company the frame?? Just take all the bits off, and do they just re coat over the original paint colour?

rojo":2mu26zvo said:
Thanks guys so whats a rough price?? How do you have to give the company the frame?? Just take all the bits off, and do they just re coat over the original paint colour?

I had my frame done by powder coating, and it cost me £35 for frame and forks, you need to take everything off including frame bolts, etc and give them just the frame, they should sand blast the frame first and then powder coating the colour of your choice.

guybe":2qm52tp7 said:
rojo":2qm52tp7 said:

I had my frame done by powder coating, and it cost me £35 for frame and forks, you need to take everything off including frame bolts, etc and give them just the frame, they should sand blast the frame first and then powder coating the colour of your choice.

Thats not a bad price at all really, i thought it would cost quite a lot. So bare frame with no bits on it and they do the rest.

rojo":3ukaeddj said:
Thats not a bad price at all really, i thought it would cost quite a lot. So bare frame with no bits on it and they do the rest.

Yep, as you live near Kirbdug, it's worth asking him where did he get his done as I have seen his bike last month and they did a good job on his frame.

guybe":g459yrr6 said:
rojo":g459yrr6 said:

Yep, as you live near Kirbdug, it's worth asking him where did he get his done as I have seen his bike last month and they did a good job on his frame.

I looked at his thread and his bike looks amazing

Powder coat finish can be just as good as wet paint if done right and is much tougher. My FAT has just been powdered and the finish was hand flatted with 1500 paper and polished with compound. It's harder work than wet paint-especially being black, but the result is stunning. I also know my hard work is going to last much longer too so I can still gun it out on the trails!

Si

Latest posts

Back