Sorted aspestos, new pics and tractor!

Easy_Rider

Retrobike Rider
OWMTBC Champ
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
i have been digging up the garden finally (with an old fergy) because it's been used as a tip for god knows how long, probably at least 50 years judging by the crap in it...

Anyway, been digging up what used to be a shed/building many years ago, and found this, what is this stuff?? There are aspestos tiles around too, but i have no idea what this is, could it just be ash?

Help please.

SNC12620.JPG

SNC12621.JPG

SNC12622.JPG

SNC12623.JPG

Couldn't resist this photo.
SNC12624.JPG

smoke it and tell us if you get a buzz

wish i had a garden big enough to drive a tracor around :(

Certainly doesn't look like asbestos, more like some sort of fungus/mould on something rotting... I'm a gardener and you get that sort of stuff all the time, don't worry too much, but do be careful not to break the asbestos tiles - they're safe as long as they're not broken.

Wet it down then dug a big hole and bury it. Go easy if its asbestos. Wear a dust mask and old clothes then bin them afterwards.

Si

Nice tractor!! :D I work for a local botanical gardens at weekends and they have an old fordson dexta that I use with a chipper on the back.
Retro cool! :cool:

Thanks for the replies/info chaps :cool:

Turns out to be rotting moss :? :LOL:
I just being quite careful as there is a lot of rubbish in this garden built up over 100+ years, lots of old tools, car bits, tyres, platics, metal, loads of brick, slate, victorian glass bottles, crockery, everything you can think of, including asbestos tiles.

Even found an old rear mech :shock: will have to clean it up, the chrome work is still quite bright.

I think it was an old pigary, with a dung/rubbish pile behind it.

The tiles are getting bagged ut and the council will take it then.

EDIT: Garden isn't that big tbh, and the fergy is borrowed from the father in law, he drove it down for me, nearly 30 miles away :shock:
It's a joy to ride, makes short work of it all.

I've also had to move 7 toads so far, you can just see the soil start to move on it's own and head pop out, poor things, but there is plenty of other undergrowth for them to hide in where i've been putting them :D

No set plan yet, just have to clear the rubbish first and see what i've got. No amount of words can describe the crap in it, you would not believe it. I've already filled one 8 ton skip a few weeks ago and will need another one now for this stuff. The back garden is only about 30m long and about 14m wide. It is an ex tide cottage and i'm sure there has been a piggery here in the past. The soil is very very nice, it's like top quality top soil that you would pay money for, shame about all the crap in it, it's the glass and plastic bags that takes the longest to get out!

Anyway, the missus has some plans :roll:
herb garden, trees right at the back (already have quite mature pear trees, cooking apple, crab apple and a damson tree dotted around).
Not sure on the rest, she has a sketch somewhere.

Latest posts

Back