Hi-Fi advice

theboy

Senior Retro Guru
Ay up,

As space is at a premium in my bijou 1 bed flat, I thought it might be nice to move from a 3 piece separates system to a one-box Amp/Tuner/CD unit with a couple of inputs. I currently have Amp/CD/Mini Disc, with a pair of turntables and a CDJ running into it, powering a pair of Mission 732's on stands, the amp is 50 watts p/c, and id like something similarly powered if possible, I will happily live without MD obviously, but would like DAB, and at least two line-in at the back. New or second hand, but I cant afford Linn prices, so nothing crazy.

Any ideas?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Denon-UD-M30-CD-T ... 240%3A1318

These are always fun and can drive speakers to decent volumes. You can always install a small sub to keep the size of the speakers down.

DAB is pants and is replicated by the internet, Sky, freeveiw and is beaten by a good FM tuner anyday

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Maybe a bit exotic, but the Meridian/Ferrari F80 is supposed to sound very nice, if your feeling a bit flush. £1500 new I think, but I've seen them for quite a bit under a grand SH; 80 Watts, DAB,AM and FM, DVD video CD, MP3 and WMA discs. 'Chassis' is designed by Ferrari as are the colour options. Very solid and stylish it is.. a bit too stylish for me, being a tubes and horns guy, though.

As your living in a flat a good pair of headphones. So as not to disturb others

good sound yes, but only for one, not much good when entertaining, or living out my Superstar DJ moments at 3am.

I dunno, you could always be a sat-in-the-corner, 'phones wearing unsociable selfish-git host, 'entertaining' friends with nodding head and intermittent out of tune outbursts. You wouldn't be the first.

+ 1 for a good set of cans.Senn HD600's here. Via MF X-series V1 Head amp.

Thants when I' not cranking the nu-vista pre into the A 300 CR and X-AS100 amps that is :D

like the big cheese says, hard to beat denon for micro systems sound wise. not sure how much space youre ever really gonna save over separates tho. maybe the idea is you just end up with something that doesnt sound good enough to bother stand mounting the speakers?
most modern all in ones will probably come with dab and mp3 playback, one feature to think about, the one my bro got a couple of months back has a usb input and some onboard memory, might be handy for you.

When I worked in the industry - I got me a complete Tivoli system including the Sub and CD - its reborn as the Computer soundsystem

Back