Does anyone have a Garmin 305?

Iwasgoodonce

Old School Grand Master
I really don't know why I'm asking this questio as they aren't cheap and unemployment=not a lot of dosh. But, I'm also on a major downer with Polar. Lance Armstrong I know loves them but he must have more clout with customer services than I do! All I want to know is how much to put a new battery in and why should I buy new software when I get a new PC!?
Assuming I carry on with my strop, are the Garmins any good? What further features do they offer over a Polar?

Thanks.

I have a Garmin 305 Forerunner. I'm not familiar withe Polar products to compare. I use the 305 for running and mountain biking. It can display up to 4 values in one screen such as HR, speed, distance, pace, etc. It's a size of a larger wrist watch but I don't notice it on the run. There's an adapter where you can mount it to your h-bars. The battery life ranges from 6-10 hours before it goes low.

Oooh, good topic!

I've had to stop using my Polar because I've upgraded my PC and now have Vista which isn't supported for my model of Polar HRM. £250 worth of HRM made utterly useless just because I've got a new computer! Rubbish.

nplusone: So the battery is rechargeable? How long to recharge? Is there a problem if the battery dies entirely?

Russell: I changed years ago from 98 to XP. My monitor is a S610 which I was always impressed with. Polar just want me to send it off to do the work but don't seem keen to give me a price. Looking on the interweb, it seems to be a bit of a theme. You send it off to Polar who change the battery AND something else that you didn't know needed doing but apparently it is vital work!

Back