Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
**** wits including the idiots from the AA, god knows who rattled their cage:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/techn ... 987689.stm

Modding appeared about 3 minutes after the internal combustion engine was invented. Half the cars they whinge about are so slow in the first place that NOS bearly makes them as fast as a standard repmobile.

They'll be after turbos and superchargers next

How would you legislate against an ECU remap or a race cam or bigger injectors....:roll:

yeah, i saw this. more scare mongering i think.

don't get me wrong there are some massive numpties out there who drive like complete dickheads but not all modders are idiots, i myself did the big wheels, exhaust and engine tweeks on a couple of cars a few years ago but you grow out of it to a certain extent, its mostly individualization of your car, and NOS isn't that common really, i think most would get it just to say they have it and ponce off the shiney metal tanks that make it look all "fast and furious".

when i saw the report i just thought what a pratt the reporter was. they gob off about something they generally have researched about for 5 minutes and sensationalize it.

my 2p.

:?
So we should also ban numpties in there 4ton monsters scarying the living daylights out of everyone esle, or those "executive" twats driving like dicks?

The way forward is retricting engine size for new drivers like they do in Italy, skid pan as part of your test like in Scandinavia, and I think everyone should have to drive a mini or the like to experience speed without the speed... aand really how to drive.

I'm astonished how "numb" new cars are to the surroundings, you just don't feel any speed. And nobody has any idea abut slowing down in the rain.

Rant over
:evil:

As you can guess, yes i do modify my cars a lot, no bodywork, all mechanical bits

Like fitting a big 16v into my 205 :D

This engine blew up after 8,000miles (properly with conrod poking out of block), a reflection of my engine rebuild skills...
DSCF0086.JPG

yawn

NOS is a trademark of holley carbs so its use is just a brand name . its road use requires a declaration to the insurance company who add a suitable hike to the premium . the bottle has to be off during road use if not declared . its not dangerous to have the bottle stored in the car

if someone has a smack on her majesties blacktop and the insurers arnt aware of your n2o use , insurance is void

they should be highlighting the risk of all the fibreglass they screw all over the bodywork :LOL:

F1 failed to properly regulate engine maps, so there's no way the government will ever manage.....perversly it will probably make them all the more determined.
Plenty of cars (including company cars) out there with remapped ecu's that the insurance/employers don't know about. Also understand that some of the companies that supply the new maps will offer lifetime re-installs should the eeprom get remapped/replaced by the dealer.

I think if you have nos installed your supposed to display one of the green warning stickers in the back window regarding compressed gas on board, I assume this is for the benefit of firefighters/all should the car be in an accident.

I didnt see the report on TV.

I wonder if the BBC's interest was piqued by the imminent release of new fast and furious film?

Easy_Rider nice clean 205. What have you put in 405 or BX 16V? Or gone proper crazy and fitted a cosworth?

My understanding is that the incident that led to this was a womans son who was killed, she claimed it was the NOS system that he fitted to the car that did it.

So it had nothing to do with the fact he was doing 70mph in a 30 limit then :roll: , fact is anyone can drive a bog standard 1.0 hatchback at 70 in a 30, modifications has nothing to do with it, though the Corsa/Fartcan brigade do generally behave like di*ks though.

People need to be taught to behave responsably, i like a good blast now and again (in my Capri 3.0S) but there is a time and a place, that place is not built up residential areas.

true, they even had the audacity to give it this tag line: new model....original parts!! :shock:

jimihendrix":2jo1h1y2 said:
My understanding is that the incident that led to this was a womans son who was killed, she claimed it was the NOS system that he fitted to the car that did it.

So it had nothing to do with the fact he was doing 70mph in a 30 limit then :roll: , fact is anyone can drive a bog standard 1.0 hatchback at 70 in a 30, modifications has nothing to do with it, though the Corsa/Fartcan brigade do generally behave like di*ks though.

People need to be taught to behave responsably, i like a good blast now and again (in my Capri 3.0S) but there is a time and a place, that place is not built up residential areas.

If it's the same incident i'm thinking of in my home town, then speeding wasn't the only factor, there is a long dip in the road, and if you come up the hill too fast then your steering will go light, at 70mph it will probably leave the road for a split second, i think this is what happened here, too fast for the road conditions. I knew this chap too :(

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-w ... -21622338/

Back