kingroon

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Yo..

Would like to buy a Helmet Mounted Light but not sure which model to go for.. So does anyone have any recommendations?

I'm currently looking at the NiteRider MiNewt USB Plus but would ideally have the battery stowed away in my Camelbak..? Is this good/common practice?

I have a full set of Bike Mounted Lights as it is, just thought the Helmet one as well would make a big difference in looking where I wanted to go type thing..

Looks good mate, is the battery pack separate or contained in the light?

All in the light, old chap.

I think you can piggy back another battery pack off the back as well.

I think the idea of having the batteries on the back of the helmet is to counterbalance.

Kestonian":1oy22blz said:
All in the light, old chap.

I think you can piggy back another battery pack off the back as well.

I think the idea of having the batteries on the back of the helmet is to counterbalance.

Wow, for 98grams all up??! But £160..

Matt,

Can thoroughly recommend the Exposure Joystick.

Very small and light and almost good enough to run alone. I use it along with a MaxxD (utterly great light) and it's overkill, not adding that much, but added to my halogen set up it's a nice addition.

And you can always see what you look sideways at such as incoming pheasants (in my case). :LOL:

Not cheap, but very neat and light. ANd the added rear LED on the joytstick 2 is a nice touch.

Excellent Wu, cheers.. Yeah saw that rear light attachment, looked pretty neat :cool:

Plus as you say, I can check sideways around the BadLands of West Kensington for incoming Peasants [in my case :LOL: ]

Maybe I'll lay of the Grog this weekend, then the £160 dent won't be noticed :LOL:

I have the enduro - it's cracking. If I was doing any night riding I'd get the joystick as well

If its just 'normal' riding I've found the following rig is fine: Twin Lumicycle Halogen + Petzl MYO XP headtorch (90 lumens-ish) for sideways looks at the 'wildlife' is fine :)

Back