Which Modern Tyre?

Dr S

Old School Grand Master
Hey you trendy modern bike owning cats. Could you recommend a decent tyre to an old giffer who thinks Porcs are still where it's at?? They are for my Cotic, usual long forked hardtail kind of thing and my local trails are pretty well draining but rooty.

I want something around 2.3 ish that rolls well, is pretty light, clears mud well and doesn't puncture at the first available opportunity. Sounds like I want it all? Well yeah!!
Tried Bonty Jones ACX on my Yeti and they were alright but were not as light as it said on the tin and did not like wet roots.

Cheers in advance.

Si

Bontrager Mud X, Continental Vertical Pro UST, Panaracer Fire 2.40"

I like them all ..... :cool:

Kenda Nevegal DTC (dual compound, harder in the middle = faster rolling, softer on the edges = better cornering grip)

Very good tyre in most conditions, not ridden many wet roots on mine, but they seemed ok

MBUK had them on test in this (next) months mag, gave them a thumbs up too

Tyres & wet roots :? Not sure i've come accross any good one's for that yet. You sure you need something that big on a cotic :?:
If you do then maxxis high rollers seem to fit the bill.

Nobby Nics here too. Roll a lot faster than they look like they will. Bit pricey in UK. Also make sure you go for the snakeskin version as I tore the side of my non version on a rock.

Running Nobby Nic UST's on 2 bikes at the moment and have found them to be good all rounders,go tubeless to cut down on punctures.

Back