My knee is fecked

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Damn and blast...better go to the doctors I guess...how un-manly!
As reported a couple of weeks ago....pulled something in my leg that just isn't clearing up. Most of the muscle/tendon pain has gone but my knee is still playing up.
Simply can't put much power down when sitting and standing up to pedal is simply a no no....just can't put my leg through that rotation.
And its sunny :cry:
Better go to the doctors I fear.
Moan over.

Get it looked at by a Doctor ASAP. I damaged a finger in a stupid accident, it was sore, swollen and stiff. Thought it would get better by itself if I left it alone. 6 weeks later finger no better, went to GP who immediatley sent me to A&E with a refering letter to get it looked at by a plastic surgeon. When I arrived all they kept on saying was 'why didn't I come in as soon as I had done it'.

Yep,go to the docs,I had swelling etc early last year which ended in Keyhole,only kept me off the bike for a few weeks but steadied me up for a bit,all better now.If left unchecked you can cause more damage.

Thanks chaps....went to the Dr's this morning.
Phew...nothing serious....just badly pulled my patellar and hamstring tendons.
No cycling for a bit. :(

not too bad then

might be worth looking into getting a cycle fit . you might be putting your knee through an awkward movement without realizing

Also, go an see a sports physio. In my experince it's always been money well spent, as it helps you to:
1 Learn exercises to strengthen it and help it recover
2 Understand exactly what caused it to go, and to prevent it happening again.

I trashed mine with an overload injury 4 years ago, some physio visits and it's never happened again. The solution was a combination of exercises and refinement of technique.

Doing both in one go was a good effort :shock:

As mentioned previously, defo go see a sports physio. Oh, and get it out of your head that seeking treatment for injuries is un-manly :roll:

God bless the fact that Mrs LMTTM is an uber qualified physio :LOL: :LOL:

Not keen on acupuncture though...... :shock:

Hope the ailments get better Carl.......Nothing to do with that singlespeed is it......... :LOL:

Have you thought about using a thermal knee support. worked a treat for my knee cap problem.

.Nothing to do with that singlespeed is it....
huff and puff....no.nope no no no no..........well maybe, I have been trying to mash up a rather steep hill .

tintin40":g97fkhkn said:
Have you thought about using a thermal knee support. worked a treat for my knee cap problem.

Had thought about that......thanks for everyones suggestion re: sports physio, but I think the Mrs would rather the disposable income was spent on other things....like food. Hate being skint :x

Back