The North Sea claims another 16 lives

haggis

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
So the North Sea has claimed another 16 lives. 1 had a 1 month old daughter, another was a newly wed, 1 was going home a day early and 1 had stayed on to cover another boys shift for a few days. I can gaurantee every rig in the north sea is feeling this today as i know we are. I'll be on a chopper in a few days time heading home.

My first thought when I saw that news was of you. Really sad news again.

thanks Pete. news like that spreads like wildfire out here. All the rigs must have known in about an hour. puts the shits up everybody.

Another tragic loss!

My thoughts are with the family and friends.

Al.

Thank goodness you posted Haggis, I was worried how long we'd take to notice you were absent if you were on the chopper.

Velo of the MacRetro Clan :D

velomaniac":2mr8pz6u said:
Thank goodness you posted Haggis, I was worried how long we'd take to notice you were absent if you were on the chopper.

Velo of the MacRetro Clan :D

Considering the amount of parts folks are waiting on from me it wouldn't take long dude ;)

mtbfix":34zyncr9 said:
Pretty tragic news. Likely to herald a return to transfers using boats rather than choppers?

No chance. Even from the closest installations, transfer by boat takes several hours, and weather can delay loading/unloading for days, even when choppers are still able to fly.

Awful news. Really subdued atmosphere around town at the mo.

Back