Unloved,but not as it seems, Unwanted

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
This is one of those seemingly abandoned bikes in my C/center
Obviously its a kona ,but as to which one, i dont know ,i've never had a kona + dont know their models.
The bike has been there at least 6 months ,the chain has come off and is,like most of the metal ,rusted solid
Rest allover it in fact
You would think this has been abandoned but there are 4 big bike locks on it ,chaining the frame/wheels/forks etc
Seems whoever actually owns it isn't wanting it stripped but has no apparent way of removing it or doesnt want too :?

Shame ,i'll love it for a project ,but some of those locks look like you'd need a grinder to cut through them,its not like they're made of cheese or something ;) :LOL: :LOL:

Attachments

• Picture 010 (Large).jpg
    Picture 010 (Large).jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 1,062
probably has so many locks as hes sick of people trying to make a project out of it

leave a note

The locks are actually structural, without them the bike will collapse in a heap of rust ;)

It's a 97 Lavadome.. Not worth sh*t.. look at all the rust..! :shock: I think the earth is reclaiming that one.. Leave some flowers by it and walk away. :(

EDIT: Its not actually a 97, it doesn't have a v-brake lug on the back of the top tube.. It looks like someone has re-painted it, badly, at some point to look like a 97 lavadome. Probably why all the paint has fallen of and led to all the rust! There's no way you can save that one!

OrangeRetro":3gpb9uhb said:
Leave some flowers by it and walk away. :(

I think i will :LOL: ,i'll zip tie some to the stand

Might find people will think the owner is dead like Fred from the Kickstand Cyclery

Back