I think I've just died, well not quite....

LeeDevelopment

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Having not been on a bike since then end of last summer, and indeed since then been enjoying a plentiful supply of wine, chocolate and comfort foods...I decided to celebrate the British Summer Time this evening with a short jaunt around Crystal Palace Park.

Can you guess what happened? I am SO unfit, totally shocked myself. You're looking at somebody who used race every other weekend and spent all his spare time riding around Hamsterley Forest and the Upper Pennines prior to moving away from 'the nest' in 2001. Managed to get an hour and a bits 'offroad' sprinting done with rests inbetween whilst pootling back to the top of the (admittedly crap) run.

I am longing for some decent rock and root strewn downhill trails, alas doubtful to find in London.

I need to get the commuter sorted out ASAP methinks! I'm still feeling wheezy, but reckon that's more to do with my cold than the riding.

Meh!

Just take it easy. It's a shock if you stop for a while then try and do a ride, just take it easy, a few short rides and you'll be enjoying it again in no time.

i thought you were going to start riding to work a few months ago ?

its surprising has the body goes to shit when you stop . i had a break for a few years and when i got back into it was slow as fook :LOL:

you will be able to get a lot of the fitness back though

perry":3stciaw9 said:
i thought you were going to start riding to work a few months ago ?

So did I but decided against it as I'm deaf, can't hear traffic coming up behind me and it would have been riding in the dark...on busy London roads. I value my life more than being splattered on a car bonnet!

Now with more daylight can the regime begin again.

Oh my poor thighs....

Back