takes me ages to get warmed up

bigdavevw

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi there!! Im quite new to cycling 8 months now roughly. I ride about 3 times a week, about 10 miles per ride on xc trails. I find that after about 5 miles i can perform better, cycle faster, climb hills better and my legs dont hurt at all. I fly along.

But why is it taking me so long to get warmed up like this? is it just to do with being new and not mega fit? Im 22 and never done any physical stuff before cycling. im quite skinny, eat healthy and dont smoke too if that helps any.

cheers
dave :eek:

Ride for 5 minutes then do a thorough stretch routine, not just the legs but back, arms & shoulders. It gives you wings :p

I find it takes me a good 3/4 hour to warm up - always has done (I'm 37 now, but it was the same when I was 22) :D

im currently pushing something like an 83" gear ( 44/13 on a 26" wheel with a slick ) on my turbo trainer . i spin it straight up to 20mph and can put in about half hour before i get sore , carry on regardless then it eases . think to myself " ah i mustave slowed " look at the speedo and its still 20mph . if i want to its easy to go up a bit for a few mins if i drop back to 20mph and i can do that for around an hour . id go for longer but my arse starts to hurt :LOL: should really get some proper shorts

Back