Abandoned and unloved.

barry2017

Old School Grand Master
I've spotted a bike I really like the look of in town. The back wheel has been pinched, and it's just sat there looking sad. Drivetrain is knackered too.
Does anyone know what the rules are with regards to claiming an abandoned bike? I thought of phoning the council, but I thought one of you might know and save me the phone call.

Dunno - but when I lived in Brighton, there were hundreds of such bikes. I made a rider out of bits off rusty abandoned jobbies.

i think some train stations and Uni,s collect all the abandoned bikes up at the end of the year and auction them off for charity. great idea, saves them from the crusher.

Just get some bolt croppers :LOL: :LOL:

Theres a kona something in my city center ,quite old by the looks of things,chain off and rusted solid,frame beginning to rust as well
I think it was an indy fork
totally unloved :( ,might be a lava dome[its a kind of dark[racing] green with colourful decals

Does anyone know if i can ask the council if i can remove it at my own cost ,Legally that is,i was thinking of saying as its obviously been there a long time and appears to be unwanted ,given its condition[+give them several pics highlighting the rustyness and abandoment]

Say its recycling,and its an eyesore in such a setting :D

Hire a white van, or pick-up for the day. You and a mate put on a high visibility vest. Drive round with the bolt cutters, and collect them all up. No-ones going to question what your doing, everyone will just figure your'e from the council. When was the last time anyone here questioned what someone was doing whilst wearing a hi-viz vest? No matter how suspect looking? It is the magic key to doing what you want out in the public!!

Latest posts

Back