Small levers for small hands question

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Little nephew has little hands[no suprise there]
On his new bike the levers are much too large for him to brake while keeping a tight hold of the bars
I know theres many parents here so id like to ask if any of you have recommendations for kid sized levers of decent quality :D
Thankee :D

Is there no screw to adjust them in? Hang on I will look at my lad's Islabike.......Tektro they are. I have taken a kid's bike to bits and have the levers somewhere. I will see if they are adjustable. Look for a screw sticking out of the body of the lever.

legrandefromage":18r6ohpk said:
If you're really nice to me, I'll have a spare set of AVid 2.0 spare, with reach adjustment....

+ i'll return your generosity by sending you a box/tin of the best Butter Shortbread i can find :D

Iwasgoodonce":1d7f0q57 said:
Is there no screw to adjust them in? Hang on I will look at my lad's Islabike.......Tektro they are. I have taken a kid's bike to bits and have the levers somewhere. I will see if they are adjustable. Look for a screw sticking out of the body of the lever.
I know the screw your talking about + his dont have them unfortunately
Theyre some generic dross that the law shouldnt really allow fitted to any bike let alone a childs
I'm tempted to get him a set of 739' v's for the hell of it, coupled to some good street rubber to replace the usual generic dross that seem to be 50%plastic :evil:
I dont like these cheap made numbers that seem to be the only option for a kids bike

:oops: rant on cheap bike makers subsides :oops: But is simmering,just below the surface ready and willing...

COME BACK RALEIGH 'ALL IS FORGIVEN'

Tektro have the OK quality mini lever market cornered. Fitted to most mini and junior bmxs. Google tektro mini lever. not v expensive.

Back