F1 fans only....:-)

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
New season almost upon us...very excited :D
If you were a betting man....who you would place a bet on for the 2009 Championship?
I'd add a pole if I knew how to do it....I think I would have to say Massa, although I really dislike Ferrari.....but's it's going to be so open...hard to call.
Just been looking at the re-runs on BBC....this morning I watched the final 1994 with Schu taking out Hill to win the Championship. Surely he should have been penalised?
Cheers
Carl
PS BBC, no adverts.....bliss :D

that F1 ad on BBC1 is awful though isn't it? ANd normally those taster and preview films are so well done.

Can't help thinking BMW might be in with a chance after reading the piece in 'Car' magazine this month.

Even with all it's silly rule changes and every race bringing a new clearly 'pro' ferrari ruling or exception etc, I still can't wait. Looking forward to it.

Not into Ferrari or Ferraris for that matter. Would like to see McLaren or BMW do it. Not keen on Alonso, post 'winge-gate' aka: 'throw dummy out of pram-gate' two seasons ago.

At last no bloody adverts :evil: Lets hope 'force India' win :shock: :LOL: :LOL:

And Ferrari get no points all season :twisted:

A few of the old guard are trying to get the Brawn cars banned for some diffuser related technicality. The politics has already begun without a wheel turning in anger!

I'm looking forward to seeing how Brawn GP do.. Frank Williams expects them to win in Australia is their testing form is anything to go by. :shock:

I'm expecting a great season, with so many new rules slicks, less aero, KERS (when it's used)...

I reckon Brawn are gonna be on the podium in one of the first few races, judging by the blistering speed the car has, along with Ferrari, possibly BMW & maybe Red Bull, I don't think McLaren have the car under then yet to get on the podium, unless they sort out the problems double quick!

Autosport site has this fascinating calculation that shows the situation with different teams:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73781

It seems that Brawn GP is looking very good on track.
Today it was revealed that they're about 22 millions short of cash because Ecclestone denied Honda's TV money from them.
Hopefully they'll get some sponsors and enough funding.

As the season progresses, Ferrari and BMW will get an upper hand.
So far it seems that McLaren has messed up with their car development so it might be that the first half of the season will be hard for them. Normally McLaren has had a bad year after a successful one with 2008 an exception (if you don't count spy scandal as bad in 2007). So now it would be bad year's time again.

I'm naturally cheering for Räikkönen and his Ferrari. The Iceman has been absolutist for many months now and has been training like never before. So it seems that he's very determined to show Massa who's in command...

The British F1 fan in me wants Button to do something this season (anything!), however the tifosi in me is saying something different.

I too think it should be an interesteng season, one to watch for sure (well, except for the first race, which Ill miss - Boo!)

Back