broken frame

big.eck

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
would this still be ok as a pub bike if repaired ? it's a clean snap .

IMG_1233.jpg

it's a 94/95 rockhopper with full ltd edition stx 7 speed /cantis......imo it's worth saving......

Prestige weld

Any half decent welder should be able to restore that to as good as new.
Far too good for a hack/pub bike ;)

Jamie

My honest opinion, i would go for an upgrade
would you probably cost you the same as fixing and re-spraying this one

Defiant":i5blwfxq said:
My honest opinion, i would go for an upgrade
would you probably cost you the same as fixing and re-spraying this one

I agree...for the cost of welding and a repsray you could easily get a replacement frame.

Find your nearest college which teaches welding. Speak nicely to the lecturer/trainer and ask if he can fix it as a demo to his class.
As a starter for 10 - there's a college near Leith where I've had work done before - if you want to go down that route I could get you the details.

Cost was minimal :D

Lindsay @ Henderson's metal cleaning in Meadowbank was the choice BITD. I believe he's still in business...............

Andy

i'm a welder to trade but i only use arc (stick) and mig not tig , now i know it'll fix (safely) i'll try a couple of places and take it from there .

it's a rare colour so i'm led to beleive , i was told they were all red ?

the rest of the frames in really good condition so i'd just be touching up the welded area instead of respraying the whole bike....

thanks for the replys guys......... :D

Have I missed something?

You haven't told us what it is... from your comment about them all being red and this one being a rare blue I'm thinking Specialized M2.

Now that could be fun to weld for anybody - M2 = Metal Matrix Aluminium.

If that is what this is you have some homework to do to workout what equipment to use.

EDIT - ooops, I didn't see the description below the picture... :oops:

Back