home cinema

hoegaardenadds1

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
anyone got any good tips for a home cinema system (just dvd and speakers) for about £100-150? i know its not a lot but only a small ish room

Richer sounds? Always good for bang for your buck.

As someone who worked in Home Cinema, design, manufacturing, installation and sales (yawn - dont let him waffle on again!)

I say go to Richer sounds.... :LOL:

Or - what do you need? I've some spare stuff.

ideally after a 5.1 surround system so dvd player and the five speakers and sub. oh and only ickle sattelite speakers as the room is fairly small and with 2 rugrats they need to be wall mounted! :LOL:

have got a pair of old mission 731s and target stands in the loft for when they get a bit older :cool:

Richer sounds as already said, but I'd be tempted to look 2nd hand on that budget for certain. AV gear doesn't hold it's value well so you could get a total bargain plus bang for buck you're quids in!

i got my yamaha natural sounds rx 393rds in black plus active sub(phillips) and speakers (jvc satts) and eltax center for just over 100 quid.so damn powerful i cant turn it up past 2 on the vloume cos it makes me ears bleed.....all from ebay.i used to have my own attic conversion flat with a fab system setup.haarmen kaarden amp,cannon dome side front and warfedales ,mission center and free standing rears plus 2 (yup 2) kin great big active kef subs.dts on jurrasik park was almost painful but it was truly a ear breaker.its a good job no one lived underneath it was a shop that only opened 3 days a week.if you do get an amp first make sure it does dts cos this is the best sound.....then dolby pro log2 6 channel surround.. :p

Oh and actually... just an idea but do you have anything at the moment? You could do it bit by bit when funds allow, get a half decent amp and 2 speakers 2nd hand now, then add other speakers as you go...

Back