I have had an off!

JeRkY

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Camping trip to the FOD at the weekend had a poor ending for me. the last run of the last day was heading off down th DH route hit a jump good height, great distance but shocking landing.

I now have a broken collar bone and a huge bruise/swelling to the lower abdomen. Require followup testing to make sure Ihavnt messed my innards up, unlikly but just in case.

Bloody hell Rob :(

What a nightmare, Hope you get going soon enough

Gutted, I broke my collar bone in a nasty off in the Alps a couple of years ago. One of the worst because there is nothing you can do but wait for it to heal and hope it does so reasonably straight. My top tip would be to take lots of extra pillows to bed to put either side of you when sleeping on your back. The last thing you want is to roll over in your sleep and re-break it! :shock:

blimey! :shock:

there's a guy in norfolk/suffolk somewhere that specializes in broken collar bones, my old boss found him after he broke his but it had been too long after gary's crash for him to help, then a week later a customer was at a race and broke his collar bone, gary gave him the number, and he was up there the next day, was using both arms that night after the op, then was back spinning on his bike in 2 weeks!! rode a cross event after another week (but just rolling)

if it's been less then 4 days since it broke call gary at GA cycles in southampton, 02380 636648 he might still have the number. gary found him while doing a search on the internet , apparently the guy does all the motorcross racing and freestyle riders when they have big stacks. if you do call him tell him jon the former manager of his shop suggested you phone.

hope it gets better soon! :D

Ouch get well soon. A mate decided to dismount head first coming down Abel at Betwys y Coed on Saturday. I think he was trying to better my attempt 20 m in front of him. Amazingly; considering how steep and tree-lined it is he only banged his knee, but managed to rip his brake boss off at the weld and total his frame. :(

Do go for the follow up tests!

Thats bad luck dude, Hope you get better soon, I bet you had a great ride prior the off as the weather was amazing :cool: .

Take it easy,

you didnt mention the bike................ is it ok

I broke mine 10 years ago in a stack - but don't be afraid to get straight back on your bike even if it's just fire trails one handed - at least you'll keep your fitness. Good luck!

Back