Champix and smoking

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Well...its about time...the collective we, as in Mr and Mrs Harryburgundy are giving up smoking. Stupid filthy habit :LOL:
She has patches....I have taken Champix tablets, which in theory help stop craving and withdrawal symptons.
Tomorrow I stop smoking after a week of taking Champix.
Anyone else tried it?
Carl

never heard of it

i just stopped . some time last year i think . yes its ok to hate me :LOL:

make sure you dont spend the time eating though

Alan Carr book for me, I went from 1oz rolling tobacco a day to nothing 5 years ago, and apart from a brief, embarassing drag on a spliff (I coughed my guts up like a teenager, never again), I haven't touched a cigarette.
Just remember you are getting rid of a craving that created itself; you weren't born a smoker, you had to work at it.
And welcome to being a non smoker. It's a nicer way to live, not being sent out of the pub every hour, smelling funny, coughing like an asthmatic old man and feeling stupid. Welcome to nicer food and better skin.
What are you spending your extra cash on? If you're on 20 a day, you could get any bike you wanted after a couple of months with the money you've saved.

My brother went down the Alan Carr route too, used to be on 20 a day then just stopped and has never smoked since.

He's called Chris, too. Is that you Chris?! :shock: :LOL:

youl be coughing up crap for ages

just think how much faster you will be . more air in the lungs

I gave up three weeks ago, today.

Just did it cold turkey, smoked the last fag in my packet at 8 in the morning when I got to work and not had one since!!

Cannot say I noticed the coughing up crap, but sure as hell am eating a hell of a lot more!!!

Look at it the way I am, all the money I'm saving every month, goes on the bike(s)!

Good Luck!

Been down this road myself in 2005 and to date I haven't smoked since.

What really helps is finding something to do instantly when the cravings hit.

The cravings will only last for a matter of minutes but it's of paramount importance that you find something that keeps you distracted.

For me I went for Lemon Smints and went for a walk to get some water.
Most of the times it's the routine you need to break more than the addiction.

NHS have some very good classes that help your motivation up more than anything else. Also If you startup again don't beat yourself up just pick a date to start again.

Good Luck.

good luck to you. my problem is the routine. i only smoke 2 rollies a day on my breaks but to have that break without smoking is hard as hell. i dont even think about it on the weekends. :roll:

Good luck to you, HB.

I've never smoked but I have full-on maximum respect for anyone that gives up. Not for the health benefits (and it stops you from smelling funny) but that stuff is seriously addictive and it will take willpower to go without.

I have a coffee "habit": I don't mean addiction, I don't "need" caffeine (at least I don't think I do), but I enjoy the ritual of making / buying a decent coffee. Could I give that up? Honestly, I'd struggle and that's without going through the physical cravings that smokers have to put up with.

Back