ritchey swiss cross build

juiceboxx

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
hello all, i know it is not an mtb and it is not retro but i am building up a swiss cross. i have it set up like this right now and had some ideas of what i wanted it to look like. more road than anything, with drop bars, dual control shifting. now i am changing my mind a bit and am thinking more older x style with thumb shifters or barcons and a wtb dirt drop style bar and more upright stem with a wheelset that has no deep dish and low spoke count. i was also thinking of dropping the whole syncros thing and putting more ritchey goods on it, but what would i do with my syncros road cranks?? also thinking of putting some gold ano on it and getting the paul brakes done in gold?? any ideas, or any one with a swiss cross built show me some pics or shoot me ideas. thank you

Attachments

• shiat 155 (Small).jpg
    shiat 155 (Small).jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,586
  • shiat 156 (Small).jpg
    shiat 156 (Small).jpg
    46 KB · Views: 1,586
  • IMG_0218 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0218 (Small).JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 1,586
Bontrager comps on a trimble! Not seen that before but I like it. Err anyway swisscross mlarky.

I like that - a lot. I am thinking about getting a cx hack (not suggesting a swisscross is a hack by the way!). Not so sure about the revolutions on there though personally. In fact just send them my way.
Being serious, that's a little too industrial for the frameset imo. I'm not against mixing parts at all between road and MTB - but that's just a bit too obvious in its' heritage

Here's mine.Built up mainly with 9 speed Ultegra and a few Ritchey goods.
Thanx Max

Attachments

• 2006_0711ritchey10137 (Medium).JPG
    2006_0711ritchey10137 (Medium).JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 1,568
Crell":33rdfrk4 said:
Bontrager comps on a trimble! Not seen that before but I like it.
that is an ird ti fork my friend. the stem/bar combo is bontrager. it is one of five ever made by keith himself specially for team riders. i have it on my bontrager ti ss which the ird fork will be on soon. there is an old pic of it in my gallery. cheers

I blame that on my fading eyes. The legs looked chrome to me. Tell me more about that bar/stem. That's an item I haven't seen before. Looking at the pic I take it it's a fully welded piece rather than bonded / riveted?

More pics please.

Back