Hope disc brakes servicing

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Looking to service a pair of DH4 calipers and pro levers. Any online dealers or service centres? Any tips or thoughts either appreciated, never overhauled them before.

brilliant kaiser i need to ask similar but keep forgetting :LOL:

anyone know what size clear hose i need to bleed them ?

Send 'em back to Hope for a £35 service, come out feeling like new. I did my Mini though, it is relatively simple. There is a guide on SickLines (?) that shows you how to take apart a mini caliper, same principle just twice as many pistons and seals.

What is actually wrong with the brakes? MAy just need change of fluid/bleeding, which is simple enough to try 1st :)

Thanks folks

P20":3k3smdid said:
What is actually wrong with the brakes? MAy just need change of fluid/bleeding, which is simple enough to try 1st :)

P I got them unbuilt and second hand so haven't tried them as yet. The seller did reckon they would need serviced and I reckon I would do it anyway, there going on a new bike so they'll be polished and painted etc. Ideally I want to do them myself and was hoping to find an online retailer with a comprehensive overhaul kit list. CRC have kits for the levers but not the calipers unfortunately, they do have them for the enduro caliper which might be the same but don't know.

Back