legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArgh!

I know this should be posted somewhere like AVforums (bunch of cocks) but DAB 'the new way' is all bullshit!

I live in line of sight of my local DAB transmitter ( for local people) and I cant get a bloody thing unless I put up with the bubbly underwater sound that DAB has when in a tizz...

DAB in the UK was initially designed for the car with transmitters for the major road networks. It was then mooted as a platform for high quality broadcasts for stations like Radio 3 (which broadcasts at almost CD quality on FM).

Then came the money men - more and more crap was stuffed onto DAB, the 'CD quality' sound was dropped in favour of 'look how many stations you can get!' and the quality has sunk.

Its not my radio thats the problem, just the *****ing way its broadcast.

AAAAAAAAAAAARGHH! rant rant rant...

Anyway - the irony is that the UK DAB system is now woefully behind what is available and current DAB sets cant be upgraded.

**** DAB - I'm gonna listen via FM and the interweb... :evil:

(BTW Dont get me started on Freeview!!!)

Rant over, off on a cycle ride (I still do ride bikes now and again...)

And DAB on the move??? those little portable jobbies.... AAAGH!

in fact AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! anyway cos it looks funny...

I'll second that. I had the displeasure to use a DAB give me FM or MW

hows the thumb ?

i listen to everything online . when in the shop there was a crappy radio that i was forever tweeking with surgical precision to get radio 2 good enough , id then walk away and it would be screwed . spent many hours doing that . very productive :LOL:

I hate writing proposals...

Why on earth would you need a proposal as I've already explained everything. Now that I think about it... Why don't you just tell me what it REALLY is that you base your decision on. By doing this you won't have to invite 3 competitors... This saves you a lot of time and so do I...

Nevertheless I love my occupation but spend 3 bloody days writing this technical proposal. And to top things of, I skipped an hour of cycling today to finish it.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Casper

I completely agree cheese man..! I hadn't bought a new stereo for ages so I "treated" myself to a smart Sony microsystem jobbie about 18 mths ago and was dead excited at the prospect of having "perfect" radio reception.

Bollox.

It has never worked properly and reminds me of my, yes, you guessed it, freeview box. Which has never worked properly either.

So now i just use it for CD's and switch off the DAB function to listen t'ut radio. And as for the freeview box (seethe etc) i unplugged it and now only have terrestrial telly. But to appease my frustration, I cancelled my TV license. Ha! :twisted:

crankhead":1yvbqdx2 said:
I But to appease my frustration, I cancelled my TV license. Ha! :twisted:

youve unknowingly made some new friends. The TV licence check men will come round to your house on a periodic basis to ask you the same dreary questions - "is it correct you dont have a TV lic?", "why not?"; can we take a peek inside the house?" etc etc.

a mate of mine had the same the problem. In the end, he virtually pulled them into the house, told them to check everywhere for signs of a Tv set - every room, cupboard, garage etc. He dragged them to each room. When they admitted there was no TV, he told them in no uncertain terms that he didnt ever want to see them again, else he'd sue for duress and harrassment. and concluded by telling them to #### off. He's not seen them for 2 years now.

IMO DAB needs shutting down and re-launching with proper compression. Will this country do it though? I think not.

Regarding the freeview box, they can be very fussy things, some hate being anywhere near the TV! Move it as far away as possible and try again. Then replace your aerial!

Back